Online Shopping Tips
13. Remove your credit card numbers from your online accounts. How easy is it these days to quickly buy online when most sites can store your card number….it is just a click and buy. The best way to break this habit is to simply delete your card from the account. That way, you will have to find your wallet in your big handbag….giving you time to think…”Do I really need this?”
14. Sell your clutter on eBay, MarketPlace or GumTree
I bet if you opened any cupboard or wardrobe you could find something you have not used in the last 12 months….interesting isn’t it….so do you need it?
So why not sell them to someone else who does? Possibly on Ebay, Market Place or GumTree or have swap party with friends.
You can even save in your wardrobe
15. Instead of throwing out some damaged clothing, repair it instead. Don’t toss out a shirt because of a broken button – sew a new one on. Simple sewing can be done by anyone – it just takes a few minutes and it saves a lot of money by keeping you from buying new clothes when you don’t really need to.
16. Go through your clothes – all of them. Everyone loves to buy new clothes, so you are not seen in the same clothes each week…..so why not try taking the clothes at the back of your wardrobe and bring them to the front and suddenly your wardrobe will feel different. You’ll feel like a brand new person….and your friends will think you have been shopping.
17. Mix and Match your clothes – you can dress minimally by buying clothes that mix and match well and this means you don’t need as many clothes. With a few basics you can create a large number of combinations – also great idea for travelling to minimise luggage. Update your wardrobe with accessories rather than new items for a cost-effective fashion hit.
How can Family & Friends help you save money
18.Give a gift of a service instead of an item. Recently I gave a girlfriend an evening of babysitting so she and her husband could go out to dinner – she loved it and so did he. If you would love a pet but can’t have one why not get a win-win and, offer to take care of friends pets when they travel…saves them dollars and you some pet time.
19. Talk to your loved ones about what your dreams are, or ideas for gifts. You may be asking “how does this save money?” Well, if they know what you like, they can buy items for you on that special occasion…or a few family members can get together and buy a larger item.